Mission Endowment Fund
assuring a future for new and renewing congregations
Since the Rocky Mountain region has seen high growth for many years, the Church must also grow to extend its ministry to all. But new congregations cannot be planted and nourished without adequate funding.
The Mission Endowment Fund will make it possible for new congregations in the Rocky Mountain Synod to receive financial support in the important years following organization. The Fund will also provide short-term financial support for existing congregations that are initiating new outreach ministries.
As good stewards, we are encouraged to use our gifts for the building of God's Kingdom, and as Lutherans, we are charged to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. We, therefore, have a responsibility to pass on blessings we have received to future generations.
What is the purpose of the fund?
- Mission the the 21st century!
What is the goal?
How will the fund be used?
- $120,000 annually for starting new congregations
- $120,000 annually for supporting newly organized congregations
- $40,000 annually for renewing congregations
Who may contribute?
- Any interested individual, congregation or foundation may contribute. Please see the "ways to give" chart inside the attached brochure for tax benefits to individual donors and descriptions of giving methods.
Pastor Stephanie Quick Espinoza
Director for Evangelical Mission
Rocky Mountain Synod, ELCA