ELCA Hunger Grants
2013 Domestic Hunger Grants
Nine Domestic Hunger Grants totaling $17,000 were awarded to ministries working in the territory of the Rocky Mountain Synod.
- Homeless Gear, Ft. Collins, CO ($3,000) for street outreach
- Homelessness Prevention Initiative, Ft. Collins, CO ($1,000) for the Grocery Certificate Program
- Lutheran Social Service of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT ($3,000) for Manna Today AND Tomorrow: From Basics to Employment
- Metro CareRing, Denver, CO ($2,500) for hunger relief and basic needs programming
- Project Angel Heart, Denver, CO ($1,000) for home--‐delivered meals for people with life--‐threatening illness
- SECOR – Southeast Community Outreach, Parker, CO ($1,000) for the SECOR Food Bank
- Shepherd of the Mountains Lutheran Church, Estes Park, CO ($1,000) for the Community Corner Café
- Urban Servant Corps, Denver, CO ($1,500) for volunteers in service agencies
- La Semilla Food Center, Anthony, NM ($3,000) for La Semilla Youth Farm
For the third year in a row, all of the grant applicants from the Rocky Mountain Synod received some money. BUT, we had five fewer applicants than in 2012.
Does your congregation or an organization you support provide relief or development services or help underserved persons in your community obtain the assistance they need? If so, try applying for a Domestic Hunger Grant to help fund these activities.
Keep checking www.elca.org/domestichungergrantsto get the latest information on deadlines and to download the application form. These applications are generally due around the first of July.
Domestic Hunger Grant
Grants are available for Relief, Development, or Organizing. Information is posted online or contact Ms. Johnnie Thompson (800-638-3522 ext. 2693) for more information.
Grant applications are available online May 1. Deadline for submissions is June 30. Grant recipients are notified in January.