use resources on this page
a Moment of Truth
a Word of Faith, Hope and Love from the Heart of Palestinian Suffering
-a statement by Palestinian Christian leaders
***Discuss this in your congregation! Need help? Contact Jan Miller
Peace not Walls
A special ELCA campaign calling for efforts toward a viable, contiguous Palestinian state, a secure Israeli state at peace with its Arab neighbors, and a shared Jerusalem with equal access and rights for Jews, Christians, and Muslims.
WATCH a Peace Not Walls video introduction
READ ELCA Peace Not Walls strategy for engagement
CONTACT a speaker in the Rocky Mountain Synod.
PALESTINE SHORTS: Four Palestinian Christians tell their stories in video interviews
STUDY THE KAIROS PALESTINE DOCUMENT, the Palestinian Christians' call to Christians to support them in their struggle for human rights.
SUPPORT the ministries of the Christmas Lutheran Church in Bethlehem, through Bright Stars of Bethlehem.
WHY do we know so little about Palestinians? Watch "Peace, Propaganda and the Promised Land" to see how media coverage influences us.
WHY have more than 200 Israeli settlements have been built on occupied Palestinian land? Watch "The Iron Wall" documentary.
WHY is a 2-state solution unlikely? Watch "Israel-Palestine, a Land in Fragments," a 2-minute video showing how Palestine is looking more like a Swiss cheese than a country.
LEARN MORE from Middle East news sources:
Young Adult Leadership Trip to the Holy Land
May 13-25 2015
A pilgrimage of peace and justice, engaging living stones. Upon our return, we will be developing a young adult social justice network.
- Travel with other young adults, ages 19-29
- Visit the holy sites; meet Palestinian Lutherans engaged in ministry
- Learn about Israel and Palestine in the context of your faith
- Grow in leadership skills
- Connect with other young adults engaged in social issues
Led by Melanie Ferraro and Natalie Walter. Contact:
Melanie Ferraro, 303-681-7430
Natalie Walter 303-921-8067
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Come and See…
Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
June 4-18, 2015
See the ancient stones—Walk where Jesus walked, see the holy sites. Meet the living stones—the Christians who work for justice and peace in the land today. Experience the Palestinian culture of hospitality welcoming us as pilgrims to their land.
- Stay in the Old City of Jerusalem, explore the holy sites and bazaars
- Connect with Palestinian Christians and their peace-building ministries
- See the holy sites in Capernaum, Nazareth; sail the Sea of Galilee
- Worship with Lutherans and visit ministries in Bethlehem
- Visit Qumran, Masada, swim in the Dead Sea
- Walk the Mount of Olives; visit Augusta Victoria Hospital
- Daily reflection time and free time to explore
- Local guides
Sponsored by Peace Not Walls, Rocky Mountain Synod. Led by Pastor Alena Lamirato and Jan Miller. Tentative cost $3900, including airfare (to be firmed up by January, 2015). See more. Contact Jan Miller or 303-332-1263
RMS Peace Not Walls Working Group
To contact members of the Peace Not Walls group, please email email@example.com
Malise de Bree
Pastor Ted Fritschel
Jo Ann Wacker-Farrand