At this year's assembly, we will be electing voting members for the 2022 Churchwide Assembly as well as a Synod Vice President. Nominations received prior to the March 19 deadline are listed below. Additional nominations will be received on the floor of the Assembly on Thursday, April 29.
Synod Vice President
The Vice President is elected at Synod Assembly and serves a 4-year term. The Synod Council meets via zoom monthly, along with 3 in person meetings/year, along with regular meetings of the Executive Committee. The qualifications and duties of the Vice President are outlined in Chapter 8 of the synod constitution:
The vice president shall be a layperson and a voting member of a congregation of the RMS. There is no salary for this position.
The vice president shall serve as the chair of the Synod Council and the Executive Committee of the Synod Council. In the event of the absence or illness of the bishop, the vice president shall serve as the chair of the Synod Assembly.
The synod vice president collaborates with the Bishop of the Synod in the formation and implementation of the Synod’s vision and mission.
The synod vice president shall serve as the representative from the Rocky Mountain Synod ELCA to the Region 2 Council.
2022 Churchwide Assembly Voting Members
The 2022 ELCA Churchwide Assembly will take place August 8-15, 2022 in Columbus, Ohio. In addition to the Bishop and Vice-President, the Rocky Mountain Synod will elect 11 lay and rostered leaders to serve as voting members. These positions were set to reflect ratios required for both rostered/non-rostered status as well as gender. Lay voting members elected must be 45% female and 45% male, creating space for gender non-conforming leaders. (Learn more about gender identity, expression, and definitions here). There are no gender designations for rostered minister positions.
- 1 youth or young adult (under 30): lay male or gender non-binary
- 1 youth or young adult (under 30): lay female or gender non-binary
- 1 Person of color/first language other than English: Lay
- 1 Person of color/first language other than English: Rostered Minister
- 1 Colorado: Rostered Minister
- 1 Colorado Lay: female/gender non-binary
- 1 Non-Colorado (UT, WY, TX, NM): Rostered Minister
- 1 Non-Colorado (UT, WY, TX, NM): Lay male/gender non-binary
- 1 At Large Lay: male/gender non-binary
- 1 At Large Lay: female or gender non-binary
- 1 At Large Lay or Rostered Minister, LGBTQIA