Abiding Hope Church, an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) congregation in Littleton, Colorado, is seeking a Spirit-filled child of God, inspiring leader, and gifted musician to serve as our Director of Worship Arts. This person will report to and work closely with the Lead Servant for Worship Life to create and implement a vibrant, engaging and transforming worship life that seeks to connect all people with our inclusive theology and God’s vision of love and life for all people.
Based in Littleton, Colorado, Abiding Hope Church is a radically inclusive community of God’s children who are called to be the heart, hands, and feet of Jesus in the world. This mission is meant to inspire how and what we do as we live into our vision of a wholly unleashed faith community. Through authentic worship, intentional relationships, sacrificial service, and radical generosity, we wrestle with worldly demands both personally and collectively. To learn more about our community, please visit abidinghope.org
Worship at Abiding Hope is engaging, diverse, and multi-generational. We regularly utilize the gifts available to us, whether it be full choir, small groups, solo, or instrumental. We consistently explore creative ways to include people in the worship experience, either as leader or worshipper. The ideal candidate for this position will help us continue to advance in ways that will help worship impact and transform lives.
Specific responsibilities within this position include:
- Raise up and equip worship servants of all ages and abilities;
- Lead worship in tandem with Lead Servant for Worship Life;
- Co-direct primary worship leader ensemble (potentially become lead director)
- Raise up and equip singers and instrumentalists for worship leadership;
- Oversee youth worship ministry;
- Oversee worship-related technical needs;
- Serve on the worship creative team;
- A more inclusive list of responsibilities available upon request.
You will thrive in this position with the following qualifications:
- Lead a life that resonates with our theology and core values, understanding that God continues to go to work on us through our victories and failures;
- Earned undergraduate degree in music (or similar) with demonstrated skills and competency in keyboard and musicianship;
- Demonstrated experience and competency in directing and leading choirs of all ages;
- Capacity to understand our worship style, yet bring fresh eyes and ideas in the process;
- Ability to excel in collaboration (w/ Lead Servant for Worship Life, Pastors, staff, musicians, etc)
- Ability to invite, inspire, and equip servants in all areas of worship ministry;
- Desire to grow and develop as the church and position evolve;
- A passion and ability to be creative;
- Experience in worship-related technology (audio/visual, software, etc)
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Places high value in creating and maintaining healthy relationships.
This is a full-time, salaried position with competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Full job description available upon request. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and mp4 recording of worship-leading examples to:
Glenn Hecox (Lead Servant for Worship Life) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: 6337 S. Robb Way, Littleton, CO 80127
Posted May 27, 2021