How to Participate in This Year’s Assembly:
For gathering as a small group in person:
- Set up a room with a screen/tv and computer to participate in the ZOOM sessions. It is important for a microphone to be set up for participants to speak to assembly business items. We will also be utilizing the chat feature for requesting to speak.
- Each congregation will receive a packet with assembly materials for voting members, as well as fun things that will be used throughout the event.
- Organize snacks and meals ahead of time:
- Organize a potluck with voting members or assign each person a meal
- Invite the congregation to participate by providing meals for assembly attendees
- Create a retreat atmosphere: make sure snacks and beverages are readily available in the room; gather all supplies ahead of time, add some fabric, candles, and comfy chairs to set a welcoming atmosphere!
- Voting will be done via electronic voting platform. It is easiest if each voting member has their own device, but the voting window will be long enough to allow for device sharing if needed.
For gathering individually:
- If you determine to not gather as a small group, rostered ministers should ensure each voting member is comfortable with the zoom platform and has a tablet/ipad/mobile device for participating in the voting.
- All materials will be sent to the congregation, so you will need to divide up and distribute materials to each voting member.
- The rostered minister will need to fill out the online form to inform the Office of the Bishop that your congregation will require a breakout room for the small group times.
- Visitors, retired rostered voting members, and those in specialized ministry who are not gathering with a congregation may also request to be put in an online breakout room using this request form.
NOTE: We are limited to 50 breakout rooms. If we receive more than 50 requests, we will pair up congregations for conversation.
- 2021 Synod Assembly Handbook
- 2021 RMS Financial Report
- 2021 Narrative Budget
- Resolution (coming soon)
- Memorial (coming soon)
- Participant Booklet
Assembly Materials Packet
- Each congregation will receive a packet of materials for the voting members of your congregation.
- Boulder-Broomfield, Metro East, Metro South, and Metro West (Metro) congregations will need to pick up their packets at the Office of the Bishop. Packet will be available beginning Monday, April 16. Office hours are M-F, 8:30-4:30pm
- All other congregational packets will be mailed to the congregation.
- Visitors who requested materials, retired rostered voting members, and those serving in specialized ministry will have their packets mailed to them.
Preparing for the Assembly
- Review the "Struggling With Our Stories of Race" timeline presentation if you did not participate in a Lenten discussion group. The keynote speaker will be building off of this material.
- Download BallotClick Voting App to your phone or tablet. All voting will be done via this platform, and it is easiest if each voting member has their own device. This voting platform was developed by our parliamentarian who owns a software development company. It is a newer app he developed use with organizations he works with and is trustworthy!
- Voting Authorization codes will be emailed a week prior to assembly.
- BallotClick Orientation/How-To video (It is from 2020, but the instructions are the same!)
- Review assembly materials and attend pre-assembly conversations (Recordings of ZOOM conversations will be posted for later viewing).
- New Voting Member Orientation: Tuesday, April 20th, 4:30pm
- Pre-Assembly Budget Conversation: Thursday, April 22nd, 4:30pm
- Resolution and Memorial Conversation: Tuesday, April 27, 4:30pm
- Open Help Desk for questions about ZOOM or BallotClick: Wednesday, April 28, 4:30-6pm
- Pop on at any point for last minute help with ZOOM or BallotClick.
- ZOOM link: https://zoom.us/j/91045154307?pwd=SWRtdzhaalk3SFpXUWw0M1RFblV4Zz09
- Pre-Assembly Cooking Class: Thursday, April 29th, 10:30am